How to surprise your Valentine
Valentine’s Day is nearly upon us and whether you’re a fan or not: there’s always a reason to celebrate love. Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to stop and think about your loved ones. This could be your parents, good friends, your grandparents or the love of your life. Show them you’re thinking of them with a (small) gift, or organise a lovely day. If you need some inspiration for gifts and special things to do on Valentine’s Day, you’re in the right place. Just take a look below for our fun ideas.
Valentine’s Day activities
We’ve made a list of fun ideas for Valentine’s Day, including some cool gift ideas. Valentine’s Day is sure to be a great success with any of these ideas!
- Doing an activity doesn’t have to be expensive. If you’re looking to surprise your special someone, have them meet you at the spot where you first met or had your first date. The perfect spot to reminisce and very romantic to boot.
- You can surprise someone by setting up for a cosy time indoors with candles, delicious food and a lovely photo album of your favourite photos. This idea works for your partner, but also works if you wish to surprise a good friend.
- Write a handwritten letter or poem to let them know how you feel about them.
- Fill a jar or tin with notes, on which you can write down all of the fun activities you want to do together. This could be anything from visiting a museum, to watching a movie, or cooking a three-course meal together. Once in a while you can reach in and pick a note, and enjoy each other’s company.
- Watch the sunset together. Bring a nice bottle of bubbly and two personalised glasses. The perfect romantic setting.
- If you’re creative and like to really go big, set up a scavenger hunt along all of the places that are special to you. Reminisce and create new memories all at the same time.
- If you’ve always wanted some great photos of your partner and yourself, arrange for a photographer to meet you in the woods or at the beach. There’s no better day for a romantic photo shoot.
- If the sun is shining, go for a nice long walk together through the woods or on the beach. Feel the wind in your hair while making conversation and end the walk by warming up with a drink at a nearby pub.
Valentine’s Day gifts
Now a gift does not have to be big or expensive to be spectacular. It’s all about the gesture, which means that a card, chocolates or a key ring work just fine! Unwrapping a gift to find a sweet photo or message on it will put a big smile on anyone’s face. We’ve put together a list of perfect little romantic gifts to inspire you.
- A key ring featuring a photo of your partner and yourself. It goes wherever they go.
- Personalised socks make a funny, original gift. Add a funny photo or text to the socks to create the perfect little Valentine’s Day gift.
- If you haven’t known them for very long, but want to surprise them with a gift, send them some chocolates and a personalised card. This idea also works well if you have a secret crush.
- A snow globe with hearts instead of snow, personalised with a cute photo is a great romantic Valentine’s Day gift. This gift also works if you want to surprise your parents or good friend. It will look so cute in their home and remind them of you always. And how about a love-themed cushion featuring a photo?
The best Valentine's Day gifts
If you've decided on what you'll be doing for Valentine's Day, take a look at the great gift tips below to surprise your lover with. If you'd like to browse more gifts, take a look at all of our Valentine's Day gifts